News and What's On
Are you organising an event in Leeds or West Yorkshire that would be of interest to listeners of Radio Asian Fever 107.3FM? You can get your previews, reviews and listings published here.
Please get in touch! email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details.
Fever fm is offering opportunities for people of all ages and background to be involved in community radio. Learn skills in presenting your own shows, script writing, producing music, jingles, vocals and interviewing skills, technical know how, research and IT skills. No qualification or skills required, training given to people with passion, commitment and honesty. Be creative, be imaginative, be yourself, we believe one is only limited by ones own imagination.
Working in partnership
Radio Asian Fever works in partnership with a wide range of other organisations to further its community aims, as briefly described below.
- It promotes Healthy Living by working with Healthy Living Centres and PCT's to design develop, produce and deliver programmes on health issues prevalent in the South Asian Communities including diabetes, Heart Diseases, Mental Health issues and many more.
- It aims to increase employability of community members (with Jobcentre Plus) to increase access to and enable uptake of jobs and training opportunities.
- Improving family relations are highlighted by working with educational institutes, Black Mental Health, Drugs and Substance misuse Organisations, Domestic Violence and community safety teams of WYPA.
- Local Citizens Advice Bureau's provide on air and in-house surgeries on Welfare and Benefits, Housing, Debt, asylum / refugee and immigration advice etc.
- Community relations are developed by working with the wider communities on cross-cutting themes to remove barriers and build harmonious communities. This will be through celebrating (in an informative manner) the various community identities and cultures.
"Programming by the community for the community" is a core value of the station.